Nerd Score is a analyzed score out of 10 given to all the products that are reviewed. The score is devised considering all the important parameters that make a great Laptop. The parameters include “productivity performance”, “Gaming performance”, “Display”, “Battery Life” and “Build & Quality”.
This parameter is used to judge the laptop’s capabilities as a work station for creative professionals. This includes the following jobs: Video Editing, Graphic Designing, Photo Editing and all other workloads that includes high quality renders.
- A score above 9 is given to the workstation beasts, this means they can easily handle 4k 120 fps Video edits and rendering and even 6k footage.
- A 8+ score means the laptop can handle 4k footage at 60fps with decent render times and great 1080p video edits.
- A 7+ score will give slow 4k renders but good render times with 1080p footage.
- A 6+ score will give decent 1080p video render times.
- A score below 5 will not be able to handle a task like Video Editing.
This parameter is used to judge the laptop’s capabilities as a gaming beast. This includes the amount of fps a laptop can push in several popular game titles and deliver a smooth gaming experience
- A score above 9 is given to the Gaming beasts, this means they can give 100+ fps on any modern triple A game. These machines give exceptional gaming performance and are recommended for hard core gamers.
- A 8+ score means the laptop can give 60+ fps in all modern titles in ultra setting.
- A 7+ score will give 60+ fps on modern games with medium to high settings.
- A 6+ score will give 60+ frames in low to medium settings.
- A score below 5 will not be able to handle gaming that well.
The Display of the laptop is what we look at all the time, this parameter judges that in 2 categories.
For productivity oriented laptops
- A score above 9 is given to the laptops with very high colour accuracy like above 90% sRBG, best viewing angles and with high brightness.
- A 8+ score means the laptop has high colour accuracy may be above 75% sRBG with good viewing angles and high brightness.
- A 7+ score will give you decent colour accuracy like above 60% sRGB with good viewing angles and decent brightness.
- A 6+ score will give you okay colours with decent viewing angles and okay brightness.
- A score below 5 will give you okay colours with poor viewing angles and poor brightness.
- A score above 9 is given to the laptops with good colours, good viewing angles, good brightness and most importantly very high refresh rate (240 hz).
- A 8+ score means the laptop decent colour accuracy, good viewing angles, decent brightness and high refresh rate(144 hz +).
- A 7+ score will give you decent colour accuracy, decent viewing angles,decent brightness and high refresh rate(120 hz +).
- A 6+ score will give you okay colours with okay viewing angles ,brightness, colours and 60 hz display .
- A score below 5 will give you poor colours ,viewing angles ,brightness with 60hz refresh rate.
This parameter as the name suggests says about the battery life of a device. Do note that if a device has fast charging that is also credited in this parameter.
- A score above 9 is given to the laptops with more than 9 hours of battery life and can easily last a full long day with moderate usage.
- A 8+ score means the laptop gives more than 7 hours of battery and can get you a full day with light usage .
- A 7+ score will give more than 6 hours of battery and can make a full day with very light use .
- A 6+ score will give around 5 hours of battery life and a evening top up is required for a full day of work.
- A score below 5 will be giving below 4 hours of battery that means you need to carry your charger with you.
Build & Design
This parameter says how rugged and well build your laptop is monitoring the materials and engineering of the machine. This also includes the overall look and feel, slimness and hinge design.
- A score above 9 means the device is exceptionally well build and beautiful to look at as well. This means these are the most durable of the lot
- A 7+ score gives you good build quality with good durability with minimal care required.
- A score below 5 means that the laptop doesn’t have good materials and build quality is poor hence requires the most care.